Saturday 15th December 2018
All ages! All welcome!
Crafts & activities, games, stories, songs & yummy food!
All children must be accompanied by an adult
It's fun and it's free.
It's not just for girls and it's not all glitter and glue (although there's plenty of that too). Dads and their lads will find interesting and blokey things to do...
At previous Messy Church we've walked on fresh eggs and also throwing them off the balcony, built catapults and used hammer & nails to create art.
This time we've got hurricanes, fire and eathquakes!
Email Karen if you would like more information.
See here for our Messy Nativity event in December 2017.
What is Messy Church?
- Messy Church is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity, celebration and hospitality.
- It's primarily for people who don't already belong to another form of church.
- It meets at a time that suits people who don't already belong to church.
- It typically includes a welcome, a long creative time to explore the biblical theme through getting messy; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and a sit-down meal together at tables.
- All elements are for people of all ages, adults and children.
- It's all-age. All are welcome: single, widowed, childless, divorced. Church is inclusive, not exclusive.
- It's fun.
- It's a church for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age.
- It models and promotes good ways of growing as a family: a nuclear family, an extended family, and a global and local church family.
- Its aim is to introduce Jesus, to give an opportunity to encounter him and to grow closer to him.